Color Replacement tool is a tool which has not got the due attention it has deserved. Color Replacement Tool is more like a Healing Brush Tool but there is a bit difference between them. Color Replacement Tool works like Paint Brush Tool. As its name is suggesting it will replace the color of any portion of your image and your underlying texture will not be affected at all. Now for example if you want to change the color of the shirt in an image you can easily change it with Color Replacement Tool. You can also learn How to Soften Edges with Feathering.
Now when you select the Color Replacement Tool you will get various different options in the Option bar which includes Hue, Color, Luminosity and Saturation. Hue option will replace the color in a very smooth way on the other hand Color mode will change it in a more vibrant way. This tool has also got Sampling option has determine the source of color replacement and Continuous option is there for continuously sample as you go. Once option will replace the color in the areas which has got colors which were picked at 1st place. There is a Tolerance option which will replace the color with higher percentage. For getting soft edges you can check antialiasing option but with this you will get a less accurate result. For limiting the antialiasing you can use Find Edges. You can also use Limits options like Contiguous which will replace colors which are contiguous with colors instantly.
For color replacement you need to follow these steps
- Open your image from the File menu.
- Select the Color Replacement Tool.
- An option bar will appear where you need to select Brush Preset Picker.
- Then select desired blend mode.
- Now after selecting blending mode you need to select sampling method from Option bar.
- Now select sampling limits mode.
- Specify the tolerance percentage.
- Select whether you need anti-aliasing or not.
- Once all the settings have been established click and drag in your image to change the color.